Purchasing a house is a crucial decision which will have a long-term impact on your life. This is also going to be a considerable financial investment that will have a significant impact on your future financial conditions, stability and decisions. Therefore, you have to be careful and serious while finding an answer to the question mentioned above.
Buying a independent house or flat is expensive
When it comes to real estate investments, you should always remember the amount will be significant. Not everyone has the amount ready. So, you will either have to arrange for a loan or other financial assistance to make the purchase.
Whichever option you choose, for the next few years, it will influence all your financial decisions. Therefore, you need to be careful. Weighing the options carefully will help with the process of choosing. Comparing both the pros and cons of buying a house and a flat will simplify the process, further.
The pros and cost of buying an independent house
The pros of buying a house are:
- You will own a house and not a small portion of a property
- You will have complete privacy, as there won’t be any sharing of a floor or walls
- You can make changes or developments without causing inconvenience to your neighbors
- If there is additional space like a courtyard or front yard, you can do gardening or have a DIY project
- Houses are usually built under the strict supervision of the owner and the best quality materials within the budget are used
- In the mind of a lot of people, houses are the better choice, because they are considered more expensive and a symbol of higher affordability
The cons of buying a house are:
- You will have to handle the maintenance and other regular tasks yourself
- Any expansion will require complete involvement and a lot of time
- Additional expenses will continue to build up after the purchase
- You have to handle any additional responsibilities that may come up
- Security of your house will be your personal responsibility
The pros and cons of buying a flat
The pros of buying a flat are:
- You won’t have to worry about the maintenance and subsequent responsibilities
- You will have access to a ready community and easy social interaction
- Staying in an apartment will give you security and safety since most apartments have security guards and CCTV cameras.
- You won’t have to leave the compound for exercise, swimming, games, taking your child to the park or such activities
- Depending on the area you choose, there will be ample opportunities for entertainment
- The cost of an apartment is often less than a house.
The cons of buying flat are:
- You cannot make changes as per your wish or whenever you want
- You will be sharing the floor with other people which may not seem private enough
- Gardening, DIY, and such projects will have to be small-scaled or cannot be attempted
- You will be the owner of only your flat which is not enough for many people
- The cost of making the purchase may not be worthwhile, especially if you choose the wrong builder
After reading all these points, you will have to create a pros-cons list highlighting the benefits you will get from this decision.
When comparing two different items, deciding which one is the best will depend on you. Hence, the answer to the above-mentioned question lies with you and your requirements at the moment. If you buy a flat in a property curated or developed by Zaurya though, it will always be the right decision.
Also if you are thinking of buying a flat in bangalore then you can contact us. We will find you the best flat and guide you in every way.
Please contact us:
Phone No: +91 9844940917