In a recent survey conducted by real estate companies in Bangalore, the top factors considered before buying a property were location, budget, and developer’s reputation. The survey demonstrated that the size of the apartment was a secondary factor, but then why is a 2 BHK flat in Bangalore in high demand?
To get a fair idea, let us first discuss the advantages and disadvantages of buying a 3BHK, 1BHK, or Independent house for sale in Bangalore.
Comparative Advantage Of Buying A 2BHK Flat In Bangalore
A 2BHK apartment is affordable yet spacious, offering you good appreciation value in future years.
Let us compare 2 BHK flats with other apartment sizes to give you a complete picture about why it is in high demand:
- A 3 BHK
3 BHK apartments may be great for people with large families due to more available space. But, when it comes to renting or selling, a 3 BHK provides a low return on investment. The reason is that the cost of a 3 BHK is around 35-45% greater than a 2BHK. But, the rent income is only 20-30% higher than a 2 BHK flat in Bangalore. Moreover, the maintenance costs are also more for a 3BHK apartment.
- A 1BHK or Studio Apartment
These apartments are affordable with low maintenance costs. The rent is less; it is ideal for bachelors or newly married couples. But, if you have a big family a studio apartment may not be for you. Thus, one major con is that 1 BHK studio apartments have a limited audience leading to a huge gap in demand and supply in most metropolitan cities. Judging by the present scenario, many homebuyers think buying a 2BHK is a better option.
- An Independent house
Independent houses for sale in Bangalore offer great freedom and privacy. You can design your own home as per your likes and preferences. But, the main issues are the security of the house may be compromised and you need to spend extra money to enjoy additional facilities and amenities which come complimentary with community living.
Top 4 Reasons To Purchase A 2 BHK Flat in Bangalore
According to a survey, around 48% of homebuyers in Bangalore in 2022 are looking to buy a 2BHK apartment. This is a significant increase in numbers compared to the statistical data of previous years.
Let us take a look at the reasons for such high demand:
- Perfect For First-Time Home-Buyers: Most first-time buyers are either married or looking to start a family. A 2BHK apartment is the minimum space they require. 2BHK apartments in North Bengaluru is a wise investment as they are affordable and are ideal for bachelors, IT professionals, newly married couples, or anyone with a budget constraint..
- Less Interest On Home Loans: Most home buyers take up a loan while buying a property. Thus, the lesser interest on the loan amount encourages them to purchase a 2BHK over an Independent House for sale in Bangalore.
- Easy Maintenance: In recent years, our lives have gotten busier and we do not have adequate time to spend on home maintenance. Besides, the salary of domestic help is high in Bangalore and it may not be a feasible option for most people. A 2BHK flat in Bangalore allows simple and compact living with easy maintenance.
- Easy For Renting or Selling: Most people look for small, compact, and affordable homes in urban cities. Therefore, it is easier to rent or sell a 2BHK flat than a 1 BHK or 3BHKs in Bangalore. Moreover, the middle-class crowd prefers 2BHKs, giving you good returns on investment for a 2BHK apartment.
Get A Perfect 2BHK Apartment With Zaurya Realtech
We have curated 2 BHK properties for sale with best-in-class facilities & amenities in North Bengaluru’s prime location, Yelahanka. To know more about our ongoing projects and ZAURYA plots in Bangalore on sale schedule a free consultation with our in-house property advisors today!